Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oregon Trail Pt 2

Yeah, well....so much for the regular posts here. I guess they will just happen when they happen. While probably not in the "how to create a successful following on the interwebs" user manual, I will humbly request that my readers take a slightly zen approach to my work here. The river will flow when the water makes its way down from the mountain.

For a slightly more regular transmission pattern, keep an eye on my tweets @onesteelhead and also check in with me on instagram under that same username. But here we go...more Oregon photos from this past August.

We moved on from Portland after enjoying the city and it's many fine eateries. For a relatively small city, Portland has some killer cuisine - spanning the range from food truck to 3 star Michelin guide restaurants. And its all good. But before leaving town for some spots slightly more rugged, I made sure to get a shot of Portlandia herself. We hit Silver Falls State Park and did the Trail of Ten Falls Loop. As the wildly creative name would suggest, there are ten water falls that provide great scenery on this moderately easy loop hike. Next up was a stay on the Rouge River near Gold Beach at the very posh but still laid back Tu Tu Tun Lodge. We paddled and swam in the river. I managed to visit the ER in Gold Beach - but x-rays proved negative. Enjoy.

First up, the goddess of...er, something...Portlandia


Next 4 - Silver Falls State Park





Next 4 - Tu Tu Tun grounds; Rouge River dock; Claire (my wife) paddles; smashed instep on ice (but still happy)





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment